Monday, September 20, 2010

First Post -- Firsties!!!!

Does it count if you say "firsties" on your own first post? I doubt it. What does count is that fact that getting married should be a fun and romantic adventure. I hope to post ideas and venues and point out some great vendors that all make up the wedding industry here in beautiful Northeast Georgia.

I say "welcome" to all who stumble upon these words and I hope they are helpful and useful as you plan for the most important day of your lives as a couple. Congratulations on your engagement and I hope your life together will be richly blessed.

What's on my mind right now is how beautiful it is over in Tallulah Gorge and how much I enjoyed a wedding I did there once. I love to go there with my family. It's a great place to have a very small, intimate wedding that you can enjoy -- with the more fit people in your life. There are some very intense hills to reckon with but the most beautiful overlook is actually the easiest to get to and the shortest hike from the visitor's center.

For larger weddings I would call to see what they have available for larger parties and whether or not what you want to do fits within what they allow. I recently discovered Chota Falls, which is a wonderfully exclusive wedding venue that is very conveniently located and very well equipped to serve many size wedding parties. They have a beautiful falls on the grounds that creates a perfect setting for a wedding. Check them out!

Soon the leaves will turn and I will want to stop at Tallulah on my way to to North Carolina where my family goes to get away from it all. We plan to go back to Tallulah Gorge real soon and hike all the way to the bottom of the gorge, which is one of the oldest natural formations on the earth! These hills are old and sacred here in the South.

-Rev. Sam
www.revsam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments. I review all comments before allowing them to show.

Thanks,
Rev. Sam